Truffle Tasting in Florence
This is the place you want to go to for small but fine eats in Florence, whether it be for breakfast or mid-afternoon. They have a a variety of mini sandwiches, but the one we tried was the Tartufato which contained their secret white truffle cream spread.
Via Tornabuoni, 64/r
- Truffles are selected by hunters, and sometimes trian dogs to sniff them out
- Truffles can’t be cultivated and naturally grow underground in the mountain ranges.
- The highest quality of truffles come from the Piemonte region of Italy, which are the white truffles
- They’re in season in fall, right before winter comes.
- For the best black truffles, they are found in central Italy, Toscana.
tagged as: florence. italy. europe. studyabroad. truffle. food. travel. study abroad. firenze. taste.